The Social Prescribing Service works across North Tyneside and is made up of two teams: one working in the community and one based in GP practices.
We recognise that many things affect your health and wellbeing. Social Prescribing aims to support people with different social, emotional or practical needs to find the right support and improve their health and wellbeing
Our aim is to support you to access local services based on what matters to you. This may mean you get involved in
- social or community activities or groups
- increasing fitness levels
- improving mental or emotional health
- finding support with practical issues like education, training, housing or finances.
Link Workers will support you to identify what changes you would like to make, make plans with you to address these and support you to achieve your goals.
We understand that trying something new can be daunting, so we can help you build up motivation and confidence to do what matters to you.
To access the service a person must be:
- A resident of North Tyneside or be registered with a North Tyneside GP Practice.
- 18 years of age or over.
You can make a referral via email@example.com or by calling 0191 4324829.
Download our Referral Form.
Download our Service Leaflet