Connect5 is a mental health promotion training programme designed to increase the confidence and core skills of front line staff so that they can be more effective in having conversations about mental health and wellbeing, help people to manage mental health problems and increase their resilience and mental wellbeing through positive changes.
- Develop your skills and confidence to discuss mental health and wellbeing issues within your daily practice
- Explain mental health and wellbeing by using specific public health models and self-help principles
- Recognise the qualities and attitudes needed to promote mental health and wellbeing
- Apply the five areas model in conversations about mental health and wellbeing
- Recognise the nature and extent of mental health and wellbeing issues being presented and how to helpfully respond
- Practise skills needed to start, follow and end a conversation about mental health and wellbeing
- Identify steps that can be taken to improve mental health
- Identify local services and resources that help break the vicious cycle and improve mental health and build resilience
- Integrate brief mental health and wellbeing intervention with your existing knowledge and skills so as to offer more effective support
- Facilitate the use of self-management strategies to support successful change processes Apply practical strategies and techniques relating to the five areas model
- Work collaboratively with a client to agree a way forward Integrate the use of self-help resources and interventions into your practice
- Identify self-management strategies and resources to support others
9 hours in total = split into 3 x 3 hour modules. Only one booking is necessary however when booking onto the training you MUST attend all 3 modules to complete the training.
|Module 1 –
|Module 2 –
|Module 3 –
Free for those working or volunteering in South Tyneside
Please note: If you fail to attend or do not give us the required notice to cancel your place we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee. For more information click here
Who’s it for?
Those with the opportunity through their working practice to give brief advice and/or interventions.
***once your booking form is completed you will receive a confirmation email***