Our aim is to make a difference to the lives of the people we work with, through promoting the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to practice self-care. Our appointments are longer than typical GP appointments. This gives individuals time to talk about what matters to them.
Here are some of the things that people often like to talk about with us:
- Feeling down, stressed or anxious
- Managing health conditions and symptoms
- Keeping active
- Benefits, money and housing problems
- Living with chronic pain
- Making healthier choices
- Reducing smoking or alcohol
- Caring for someone
We can support individuals to:
- Identify what is affecting well-being and how they would like things to be different
- Build knowledge, motivation and confidence to make changes
- Set and achieve personal goals to improve well-being
- Connect with people, activities, groups and opportunities in their area
- Develop strategies for managing mental and/or physical health conditions
- Support navigating/coordinating care, if multiple services are involved
Anything discussed will be kept confidential however if an individual discloses information which highlights that someone is at risk, we may need to share this with relevant organisations.
Anyone aged 16 or over living in South Tyneside can access our services free-of-charge.
- Refer online by clicking here
- Contact us directly on 0191 432 9838 or email@example.com
- Speak to staff at your GP practice
Download our service leaflet